[lbo-talk] Times UK: Obama likes Hagel for Defense Secretary, maybe VP

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 4 17:18:15 PST 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 8:08 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> [I have no idea how reliable Times UK political gossip about the US
> is,
> but...]

I've been saying for months that he'd appoint at least one Republican to his cabinet. I doubt he'd do it for VP, but Defense, yes.

David Gergen, who's tedious as hell but a reliable guide to establishment opinion, said on CNN last night that if BHO wins big tonight, he'll have to announce some "strong" foreign policy advisors on Wednesday. I think that means responsible imperialists.

Doug