[lbo-talk] what chutzpah

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 06:03:30 PST 2008

--- Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:

> Personally, I'm enjoying all this. I despise the
> Clintons, so part of me
> wants to see them lose and lose badly; but I also
> hate the Obama worship and
> starry-eyed libs. Fuck it -- let 'em beat each other
> senseless. Does our war
> culture deserve any less?

[WS:] This makes me puke too. However, it seems that Obama managed to pull a more coherent, universalist messgae than Clinton, who came up with the usual liberal laundry list of issues pulled together, like the proverbial camel, by a committee. And that is his strength, because it increases his electability.

I am not a big fan of Obama or Clinton, but I think that a Democrat is slightly better in the WH than a Repug. Therefore, electablity is of primary concern in the primaries for me. I think that when the dust settles, Clinton is slightly more electable than Obama, because her support base is "bread and butter" Democrats, and there is more of them than "wine and cheese" yuppies who tend to go for Obama.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs