[lbo-talk] computer jerks

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Mar 13 11:44:26 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 03:16:35PM -0400, Bob Morris wrote:
> Just any barebones PC may not work. Ubuntu is extremely cranky when it comes
> to video, drivers, and especially wireless chip sets. For example, the
> commonly used Broadcom chip set for wireless will not work with Ubuntu.

Indeed. The best way to avoid "needing to look under the hood" is to pay the premium for hardware guaranteed to work. I use a Dell since that is what I was given by my employer.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/linux_3x?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

Damn the rules, it's the feeling that counts.

-John Coltrane