[lbo-talk] computer jerks

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 15:19:21 PDT 2008

--- Bob Morris <bob.morris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just any barebones PC may not work. Ubuntu is
> extremely cranky when it comes
> to video, drivers, and especially wireless chip
> sets. For example, the

[WS:] Shit. I thought I could avoid overpaying for computer use-value by going ubuntu.

I am extremely cheap when it comes to electronic gizmos, especially software - I think this commodity is extremely overpriced in the US. I just bought a new laptop PC for about $350 (Acer Aspire 5050) . Although it runs Windows Vista, I paid hundreds of $$ less than I would for a Dell, not to mention a Mac. So far, I have not have any major problems, save compatibility issues of some pirated software. It is like with cars, why buying a Lexus or a Mercedes when a Saturn will take me from point A to point B just as well. Why spending extra money on what amounts to a fashion statement?

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping