[lbo-talk] A quick lesson in Texas health care

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 10:23:46 PDT 2008

Carrol:

[What Chris Doss called "Yoshie's Iran-o-philia"] is simply a lie, promulgated by Lou & Doug for reasons not wholly determinable, but provisionally (a) ordinary vulgar sexism and (b) inability to tolerate a superior intellect and more dedicated revolutionary on their lists.

Carrol, I've learned many things from you and consider you to be a core member of this list.

But I have to say - and in the strongest terms - that what you wrote was so disappointing, in both content and apparent intent, it made me dizzy.

Yoshie unsubbed herself; she wasn't kicked off the list.

>From where I sat, it looked to me as if she unsubbed herself for two
reasons, which followed each other as a shock wave follows an explosion: 1.) she couldn't abide being relentlessly challenged about her view of Iran as an Islamic revolutionary sword of Damocles, hovering over Empire and 2.) she had a very, very (very) hard time following the three post a day rule which, I've observed, aids, rather than impedes, the flow of discussion.

After a while, her 10 (or more!) daily posts about Iran's supposedly pivotal role in world events began to seem like a type of disdain for other list members. Everyone thinks their opinions are important and well formed. Almost everyone here is eager to pursue arguments unto the ends of the Earth. All the more reason to exercise restraint, cool the fuck down, keep it to three a day and give others a chance to get a well-considered word in.

To attribute, even "provisionally", the Yoshie saga to sexism, as if Doug is a Neanderthal-ish jackass whose nostrils flare when women speak up (and the evidence for this would be?), or fear of a "superior intellect" is, to paraphrase Wolfgang Pauli, 'not even wrong' (<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Even_Wrong>).

.d.

-- "I somehow doubt that 20 years of amphetamines and failure have changed you."

Dr. Impossible

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/