[lbo-talk] BHO & working-class whites

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 14 16:33:53 PDT 2008

Jerry Monaco wrote:
> For instance his support for the policies of open war crimes committed by
> Israel. Obama's support of war crimes in Afghanistan. His support for our
> murderous policies in Colombia.

I know I read Obama does not support Plan Columbia and IIRC opposes the Columbia Free Trade Agreement. What roll he envisions for the US in Columbia I don't know but he could be worse in this area than he is. He has stated that “the Colombian government has every right to defend itself.” which is troubling. In Central and South America overall I doubt he's terribly progressive. I don't think he's ready to hug Chavez anytime soon since he has used the term Dictator to describe him..

John Thornton