[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on the politics of the crisis

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 1 07:56:50 PDT 2008

On Oct 1, 2008, at 10:17 AM, rayrena wrote:

> Then why does he criticize people for not being practical,
> i.e., for not coming up with some sort of alternative
> bailout plan?

Because Adolph is trying to do radical politics while remaining rooted in reality. We make history but not with the tools of our own choosing, to paraphrase the Old Man. It's not an easy balance. But I've never really heard any plausible plan for how to get there from here from any anarchist/autonomist, and I've been asking for years.

Doug