[lbo-talk] Palin's privacy versus her public stance

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 4 09:49:11 PDT 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 1:34 PM, John Thornton wrote:

> I didn't listen to the Dem convention so it may have been just as
> awful, I don't know.

It was pretty awful, in a treacly sentimental empty way. But it wasn't horrifying like the RNC. As Christian Parenti said to me this morning, the Reps are the politics of Thanatos. That doesn't make the Dems the party of Eros, but they don't exude the same sort of death rays. Yeah, I know how awful they can be, I don't need any lectures on that. I'm just talking viscera.

Doug