[lbo-talk] Speaking of female candidates...

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 4 14:43:01 PDT 2008

Dorene Cornwell wrote:
> 4. Palin's husband is not white trash. He is Yupik Eskimo. Probably another
> culture category a lot of the chattering classes are still figuring out how
> to deal with.

The fuck he is. His grandmother is something like 1/8th or 1/16th (I've read both so obviously one is wrong) which makes him either 1/32nd or 1/64th. Either way he is not enrolled on any tribal registry. He was not raised among Native Americans. I have no idea whether he is white trash or not but he sure as hell isn't NDN, trashy or otherwise.

John Thornton