[lbo-talk] authentically working class

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Sep 11 12:21:01 PDT 2008

At 03:04 PM 9/11/2008, rayrena wrote:
>Dennis, I don't disagree with you that stA is fucked up,
>though probably not in a worse way than urban America, just
>a different way. But this image of a zombified methland is
>kind of silly, drastic, and stereotypical. No, I don't doubt
>that you visited a Wal-Mart once or twice and saw some
>zombies, but so what? As a rejoinder to your portrait, one
>might say that big towns are just oversized crack dens, and
>some stAers do say this. That doesn't make it true. It just
>reveals their prejudice.

i was wondering what kind of data we have on political opinions among people living in sta vs suburbia vs urban areas - with breakdowns among them as to income, race. it seems to me that the most repulsive views i encounters are among surburbanites/exurbanites. they're the ones who spout off the FAUX snooze talking points with a vengeance.

shag