[lbo-talk] McCain "suspends" campaign, wants to delay debate, because of bailout

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Sep 24 17:38:18 PDT 2008

At 07:22 PM 9/24/2008, Carrol Cox wrote:

>shag wrote:
> >

> > I think he'll look like an ass, especially if BHO plays it right. He looks
> > like a chicken shit who can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
>
>What proportion of those famous "undecided" voters have even heard of
>McCain's plans. Everyone writes as though the whole population was
>eagerely collecting information an balanncing like the rationnnal
>individuals of neoclasscism. For that matter, how manny voters even know
>that McCain is Senator? I bet quite a few don't.
>

>Carrol

Oh. sorry. I wsn't interested in undecided voters. Why would they matter? I just think Dennis is wrong about how the press will treat this. My guess is that McCain will look like an ass to people like George Will, who recently chastized McCain for looking unpresidential. I imagine various editorials and commentaries will come out to mock McCain. In turn, my guess is the next poll will show McCain's presidentialness ratings will decline and any direct question about his recent behavior will show that 2/3 or more of respondents will think McCain's a jackass. (in so many words. :)

but voting? who was talking about voting? ??

I'm so confused.