[lbo-talk] Abolition of prisons (Was: Angela...)

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Apr 6 23:06:39 PDT 2009

"I was at an event many years ago at which an audience member tried to assert to Christian Parenti - who, remember, wrote a great book on the prison system, Lockdown America - that most of the people behind bars were innocent. He dismissed her with scorn. "

I never said people in prison were innocent. I just said that what landed them in prison was not their crimes but their ethnicity and lack of money.

Joanna