[lbo-talk] TIME ZONE

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Tue Apr 7 20:07:46 PDT 2009

On Apr 7, 2009, at 10:41 PM, Bill Bartlett wrote:
> At 9:50 PM -0400 7/4/09, ravi wrote:
>
>> So, new iMac => can I assume you are running Leopard?
>
> I suppose, if that's what was on it when it came out of the box.

And you bought it recently?

>> What you describe sounds strange indeed. Can you post screenshots
>> somewhere (http://drop.io/).
>
> http://drop.io/4657456
>
> I notice its doing it the other way around now. And its changed the
> time to AM now. Sheer bedlam.

Yes, that's fucked up man!

A few suggestions/requests:

a) send us a screenshot of your timezone setting screen b) use the Apple -> Software Update to update your OS to the latest c) run Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility, select the hard disk (typically named Macintosh HD) and run "Verify Disk Permissions" and "Repair Disk Permissions" (if the verify reports errors).

Then reboot and reset timezone and see if that makes a difference.

There's an old article in Apple Support, relevant for Mac OS X Jaguar and Australian time issues:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA21008

Since your iMac is new, you should have free customer support for some number of days, so if we don't get this resolved, you should give them a call.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself ;-) PeTA => http://peta.org/ Greenpeace => http://greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to read: http://platosbeard.org/