[lbo-talk] "Doing History Backward" (Partial Draft)

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:57:05 PDT 2009

> PP:
> Didn't Adorno recoil in horror at the student occupations, and denounce the
> hippies as 'red fascists'?
>
> As for this. I agree with Adorno. They were Red Fascists. They had no
> interest in anything but their own moral righteousness and they'd have done
> nothing to achieve anything. Yet at the same time they were cultural
> bereft... I see nothing particularly progressive about the 60s generation.
> No responsibility, no ideas... nothing...

APR: Are you equating the 60s generation with hippies and locating the whole of the generation in the white populations of advanced industrial and once-upon-a-time oh-so-very-cultured and, of course morally sophisticated, goal-oriented and hard working West? All I can say, if you are, is: it seems to me that you paint rather indiscriminately with a broad brush and blind eye (or two).