[lbo-talk] what happened to ISPs?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Apr 23 12:43:47 PDT 2009

Wojtek writes:

> You got all backwards, Jordan.

No, I think that's you.

> Other providers demanded a higher fee for their services,
> whose benefits to me are basically the same as those of
> Verizon's services.

... except, of course, that you don't think they'll try to rip you off.

My point: Verizon is cheap because they are bastards. I pay "more" to Speakeasy because they aren't bastards. You may say "they are the same" -- and yet you are the one who has the complaint.

I don't think it's useful to say "bandwidth is bandwidth" -- and I suspect, since you started this all with a complaint that doesn't have anything to do with bandwidth, that you agree!

All that's left is for you to do is to put your money where your mouth is.

# "The sweetness of low price is forgotten long after the # bitterness of poor quality remains"

/jordan

[*] I would say that after hearing your tale of woe and what it has taken you in time and psychic trauma to fight back against it, Speakeasy seems by far the cheapest of the two options.