[lbo-talk] The extreme Google brain

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Apr 29 09:22:02 PDT 2009

> why does Apple make non-ugly stuff?

There's a (small, but exploitable) segment of society that believes that their consumer choices reflect on their personal aesthetic; Steve Jobs has tapped into this as a source of profit. Aesthetic Value has always been a luxury: you always had to become a Prince before you could get paintings comissioned for the walls of your villa.

It's just a (small, but exploitable) differentiation: sure, I'm a drone, but ... oooh, shiny! They even self-refer in the ads: Look at me, I'm a Mac!

"whatever, dude"

/jordan