[lbo-talk] reading badiou -- worth it? (was: Review ofBadiou'sNumber)

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 12:18:59 PDT 2009

--- On Wed, 8/12/09, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Wow. My experience with Verizon DSL support was miserable.
> My old office line kept dropping out. I spent hours and
> hours on the phone with them, talking mostly with idiots who
> made me go through the same idiot routine every time. They
> sent out three techs who couldn't find anything. This went
> on for a couple of years. Finally, they sent out a guy who
> traced the wire out to the street. Turned out there was a
> bit of stripped insulation and some wires were

[WS:] I had a very similar experience with these assholes. The third technician finally told me that the internet services had been dropping because the distance between the relay station and my place was too long to support the high speed connection, and that I should have dropped it to 760 kbps and everything would be fine. I did that and everything has been fine since then.

I also did something else - I demanded a refund from Verizon, because the assholes knew darn well that the high speed would not work but they pushed for it anyway because it is priced twice the amount they charge for their "standard" speed. They did send a refund but then they started fucking with my billing by adding services that I did not order.

My advice to anyone is to stay away from Verizon as far as possible. They are crooks.

Wojtek