[lbo-talk] Twitter: >40% pointless babble

JC Helary brandelune at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:22:59 PDT 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 7:49 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> There's something damaging to the collective intelligence about a
> series of 140-character or less bleats.

That's the problem with alphabetical languages. Japanese works much better in 140-characters. But I'm sure you could argue the same about 300 characters. I see a lot of things that are damaging to the collective intelligence that take a few thousand characters.

Maybe twitter works better when users focus on communities of action/ knowledge ? I've done user support on twitter, I've shared ideas with local people about politics. I see it more as a "hint" system where you can jot down ideas to be further discussed in real life.

Jean-Christophe Helary