[lbo-talk] Twitter: >40% pointless babble

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat Aug 15 07:09:24 PDT 2009

On Aug 15, 2009, at 7:49 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2009, at 1:45 AM, Bob Morris wrote:
>
>> They're moaning into cyberspace about all the crazy new stuff in
>> cyberspace
>> they don't understand and are suspicious of.
>
> Who are these people you're talking about?

Bob Morris seems to be in a rather angry mood, but I think he may be referring to the milder puzzlement you expressed over Twitter. Need I remind you that you are only now, finally, a reluctant blogger ;-). Like you, I do not quite understand Twitter... but I think some of the reasons for its success are the underlying technology. You can share short little updates on Facebook, with more features available as well. But the Twitter API provides better ways to interact with Twitter and mesh Twitter with other applications and services (I suspect; I haven't look into the API in any great detail).

Reminder to all: add your own blog link (use tag: lbo-talk, blog) and share other interesting links (do not use tag: lbo-talk) at:

http://groups.diigo.com/groups/lbo-talk

--ravi