[lbo-talk] Frankfurt on the Hudson

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Wed Aug 19 21:02:39 PDT 2009

> On Aug 19, 2009 12:53 PM, <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:

> [Extended cackle of post-Imperial glee]. Ah, Adorno is truly the ghost in
> the neoliberal machine, isn't he? No bubble-speculation is safe from the
> rapier of negative dialectics...
>
> To paraphrase Adorno slightly, true criticism has been and will always be
> nothing other than the thought-form of emancipation. And hermeticism is
> functional in our ever more totalized, Googled and Terror-War-warped
> system: it is the principled rejection of what is, in the name of what
> could be.
>
> -- DRR

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2003/2003-December/029037.html

Perhaps it's time for leftists to end the fetishization of negation?

Critique is not enough, no? Do open-ended iterations of metacritique get us anywhere at all?

And why do children master the word no before they get their bearings with the word yes? :-)

Ian