[lbo-talk] CNN prints "Libertarian" ideas to save economy

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Feb 7 09:24:22 PST 2009

On Feb 7, 2009, at 9:01 AM, Eric Beck wrote:

> Ron Paul got them started, I think, and mostly they were rebelling
> from within the ranks of the Repbulican Party, which I give them
> some credit for. I also give them credit because the current crisis
> has radicalized them even more. At least, unlike many on the left,
> they are adjusting to changing circumstances. Too bad it's in a
> completely creepy and stupid direction.

If they are indeed becoming "Libertarian"(TM) that's far from a "completely creepy and stupid" choice. I dare say that if these three points of the "Libertarian"(TM) program--reduction of the military to the minuscule force needed for defense of the US's territorial integrity; end of the "war on drugs" through legalization and medical regulation; and elimination of the "foreign aid" that goes mainly to despotic regimes on the order of Israel and Egypt--if these three things were done the benefit to everybody in the world would far, far outweigh the real harm done even by enactment of all the "creepy and stupid" aspects of the "Libertarian"(TM) program.

Shane Mage