[lbo-talk] Clockwork Orange, was Re: Vicki's Panzer Craze

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Feb 19 14:18:54 PST 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Chris Doss wrote:

> *Sigh*
>
> The progression of the conversation was roughly as follows:
>
> 1. Mage states that the Platonic or Christian god cannot influence
> the world because it is entirely other...

What I pointed out was that there is, in the writings of Plato, no such concept as "the Platonic god." I also pointed out, in effect, that transcendance and immanence are contradictory notions. Doss talks about "theologians." Theologians are the sort of people who can say "God is One" out of one side of his mouth while saying "God is Three" out of the other and "credo quia absurdam" through the gap (caused by consuming a diet of bullshit) between his front teeth.

*Sigh*

Shane Mage