[lbo-talk] reading badiou -- worth it? (was: Review of Badiou's Number)

Matthias Wasser matthias.wasser at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 06:05:23 PDT 2009

I must confess that my forays into Badiou (beyond a few concrete essays like "the uses of the word 'Jew'") left me totally incomprehending. If one wants to eventually get a grasp on the more difficult Verso-y writers (ie beyond reading Zizek for the dirty jokes), is there a particular curriculum (read this, then read this, then read this; then watch these lectures on YouTube) or way of approaching the text that one should take?