[lbo-talk] another DH loves BHO in Cairo

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sun Jun 7 21:03:29 PDT 2009

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 23:01:12 -0400 SA <s11131978 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael Smith wrote:

> > Well, no. What was (presumably) in somebody's interest was to invade
> > Afghanistan.
>
> After which they promptly toppled the Taliban. What a weird coincidence.

They didn't exactly "topple the Taliban". But, arguendo, if they had -- why would they still be there? Mission accomplished, right?

Once again: I wasn't invited to the meetings. I really don't know why they did all this apparently crazy stuff. I daresay there's some reason, and I hope to live long enough to read the book that explains it all.

But in the meantime, if there's one thing we can be sure of, it's this: the reason given is a lie. That's axiomatic.

> http://www.the-american-interest.com/article-bd.cfm?piece=423
> > In the 1990s, Iran and Russia saw the Taliban (like the previous U.S.
> > policy tilt toward Saddam Hussein) as part of a U.S.-Pakistani-Saudi
> > plan to encircle Iran. The strengthening of links between the Taliban
> > and al-Qaeda, and the consequent worsening of relations between the
> > United States, on the one hand, and Pakistan and the Taliban, on the
> > other, culminated in a temporary realignment after September 11.

This all seems utterly incoherent to me -- like a desperate post-hoc attempt to devise a theory without having the essential information.

> I'm just confused about one thing. So the US public was scared by 9/11,
> but the "elite elements" just shrugged and noted that "the car sector"
> kills ten times that many people. So then, why didn't the US public also
> shrug and note that the car sector kills ten times as many people?

Of all the questions raised in this conversation, this may be the easiest to answer. Our rulers always have an Official Enemy that we're supposed to worry about. It's an old pattern.
>From this point of view the fall of Nelson and David was a godsend.

> If you would just come out and say that 9/11 was actually orchestrated
> by Dick Cheney

I would say that if there were any real evidence of it. I seem to keep returning to that tiresome "evidence" thing, don't I?

Grau ist alle Theorie, as the man said.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org