[lbo-talk] munchers

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Jun 9 16:39:47 PDT 2009

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 18:44:07 -0400 shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> At 12:27 PM 6/9/2009, Carrol Cox wrote:
> Origins and/or
> >evolution of language is not a topic that belongs to any systematic
> >study.
>
> well, it is being systematically studied

I seriously doubt it. Gainfully and career-makingly written about, I have no doubt at all.

But I haven't read the book Shag is enjoying so much. I'll report back when I have. Who knows, maybe we now know what song the Sirens sang, and what name Achilles assumed when he hid himself among women -- as the man said. If so I will happily eat as much crow as Shag cares to prescribe.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org