[lbo-talk] paranoia

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 17:36:54 PDT 2009

This is my (hopefully) final comment on this matter.

I do not deny that the US gave assistance to particular parties in Ukraine. What I deny is that the US was the sine qua non of the event, or a major factor. The major factors were the polarized nature of Ukrainian society---which are due to the decisions of the Great Cartographer and his successor )bonus points to anybody who knows what I'm talking about), the related conflict between regional power blocs in Ukraine, and the fact that Yanukovich did, indeed, falsify the vote (probably).

If Kerry had won, only the loony right-wing would be asserting that it was a coup organized by George Soros.

PS. there is no place called "the Ukraine." Quit calling it that. ;)