[lbo-talk] A coup in Honduras

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 09:31:44 PDT 2009

"Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at verizon.net> writes:

> Hey they did it with Aristide. Better than shooting him.
>
> Though I'm not convinced this was some kind of US/Obama plot. Is that
> some kind of mathematical axiom, or did anybody assuming the U.S. was
> behind it actually dredge up some reason to believe that before the
> fact?

I think this is some old SoA/Battalion 316 types, who, after decades of being armed and trained by the U.S., reflexively took advantage of the Supreme Court/referendum situation to remove a President who was friendly toward Hugo Chavez and other leftists, assuming that their rich uncle would welcome them with open arms.

I imagine that the U.S. response to the coup has been like a nice bucket of ice water in their faces.

-- In Solidarity, Billy O'Connor