[lbo-talk] english

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Wed Mar 18 07:48:37 PDT 2009

Carrol Cox compares people worrying about the future of newspapers to the belief that "english' can affect a game of pool or bowling. I hate to break it to Carrol but english is as essential to pool as words are to newspapers. In bowling it is called "lift," and this is also critical to success in the game. I notice that Carrol has a tendency to speak "ex cathedra." But like the pope, he often misses the mark, to put it politely!

Michael Yates

ps I know what Carrol is talking about. It is called "body english."