[lbo-talk] software question

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sun Mar 29 09:05:58 PDT 2009

On Mar 29, 2009, at 11:46 AM, Alan Rudy wrote:
> A simple question, I hope, and pretty much the sole reason I am driven
> insane by Office 2007... is there any way I can get a readable and
> functional preview of an Office 2007 document? I've used PowerDesk
> - an
> update of the old Norton File Manager - forever and have always been
> able to
> read documents in the File Viewer... for grading papers this has
> been a real
> boon and time saver... I have to open 2007 docxs and it kills/wastes
> tons of
> time.

Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) has a QuickView mode that works perfectly for the above, including for MS format documents. I am not sure if that's enough incentive for you to switch to a Mac ;-).

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself ;-) PeTA => http://peta.org/ Greenpeace => http://greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to read: http://platosbeard.org/