[lbo-talk] Conversation with Derrida

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 06:09:34 PST 2009

Lbo-talk blasts from the past on Derrida

Charles

^^^^^^^

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-October/024271.html

[lbo-talk] Vive Jacques, Le Moor ! Vive la differance ! Charles Brown cbrown Tue Oct 26 12:51:01 PDT 2004

Previous message: [lbo-talk] Prop. 62 Would Squelch Third Parties in California Next message: [lbo-talk] Re: Butler on Derrida Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] Search LBO-Talk Archives

From: "Carl Remick"

Hey, I'm all for ambiguity. It's one of the reasons I like Emerson so much. But I think there's a big difference between the skillful use of ambiguity to catalyze insight in the reader and the indiscriminate use of skepticism that simply breeds deep confusion in the reader -- which seems to have been Derrida's net contribution to the world. Mais comme en dit en francais, chacun a son gout.

Carl

^^^^^

CB: Frere Jacques bred deep confusion with the aim of overthrowing capitalism, n'est-ce pas ?

^^^^^^^ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-October/023090.html

Derrida Dead? Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org Mon Oct 11 11:48:47 PDT 2004

Previous message: [lbo-talk] Derrida Dead? Next message: [lbo-talk] Sparks fly as cultures clash amid rapid change, sprawl Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] Search LBO-Talk Archives

Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author Sort by: Date Rank Author Subject Reverse Sort

Pity poor Derrida, Jacques His accolytes chipped off the block So far did they stray He rewrote in dismay that God he would deconstruct not

Jacques Derrida gets a bad rap His work is far more than pap Original vision Produced a bold frission Later doused by the scholarly hack

-cb

-----Original Message----- From: Carl Remick talk] Derrida Dead?

There once was a linguist named Jacques

Who in language itself put no stock,

But now that he's gone

Has no power to con

And merits a bucket of mock.

Carl

>From: "Chip Berlet" <c.berlet at publiceye.org>

>To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org>

>Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Derrida Dead?

>Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:40:13 -0400

>Shock Jacques rule dis-course

>teach curricular logic

>hands our master-fates

>Daring Derrida

>Commodify oppression

>Omphaloskeptic

>-cb

^^^^

[lbo-talk] Derrida Dead? Charles Brown

There was a wise guy in France. Chip and Carl on his grave did dance. With words he did play,

In a post modern day. Will it all ever make a differance ?

^^^^^

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-October/023054.html

Derrida dead Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net Mon Oct 11 08:56:55 PDT 2004