[lbo-talk] workshop

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 11:22:12 PST 2009

Apologies to the rest of this list.....

Discuss a principle. Then show an example and make people from the audience tell you how the example illustrates the principle. This works either for tech points or the "Why will this work for what we are trying to do?: aspect.

Riskier, mixed in with the good examples, a bad example and ask the audience to fix.

Extra credit if people can identify features related to accessibility/ W3 compliance or whatever your org standard (you do have one?) in that area is.

Cheesy giveaways like low-budget Starbucks or favorite local store gift cards might help keep SOME people's noses out of their blackberries enough to answer questions.

On the other hand if you need to exist in mobile device space, make people suggest how they would strip the code down for that environment.

DO NOT project anything smaller than 16 or 18 point or no one will be able to read it. I have a serious pet peeve about people who do live demos with nothing bigger than the native Windows Explorer display. If you HAVE to demo like that, at least use the Windows Extra Large display characteristics.

Okay, enough of my pet peeves.

DoreneC