[lbo-talk] The Neoliberalization Of Higher Education: What’s Race Got To Do With It?

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Nov 19 18:48:13 PST 2009

On Nov 19, 2009, at 7:27 PM, Wojtek S wrote:

> BTW, what I really appreciate in Obama is his refusal to go with the
> fearmongering mudthrowing and negativism that is endemic in US
> electioneering - he tries to appear to positive emotions. That is a
> big
> change in this vile political circus.

But the reason for the pathetic failure of Obama is also his refusal to advocate, or even his covert opposition to, any program for real social, political, or economic change. His excuse has been precisely that advancing such programs would be met with opposition even more violent than the stupid foxist outcry against his ineffective compromises and that he would be blamed for the ensuing "fearmongering mudthrowing and negativism." Clinton had much the same excuse. The cowering, whimpering liberals like Obama are in fact the main clowns in "this vile political circus."

Shane Mage