[lbo-talk] Signs of the times

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 16 04:34:05 PDT 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 1:06 AM, wrobert at uci.edu wrote:

> Once again, what is really remarkable about
> this organizing is how little was accomplished with so much.

I'm reminded of "Sir" Alan Walters observation to me at a Grant's Interest Rate Observer conference back in 1994 - the most lasting achievement of Thatcherism was her transformation of the Labour Party. If the left-liberals would spend half as much time pressing Obama on health care and Afghanistan as they do on obsessing about Glenn Beck, we'd be in a better place.

Doug