[lbo-talk] Why is Chavez a dictator according to mainstream media?

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 28 20:28:05 PDT 2009

I can understand why Fox news might use the term "dictator" when referring to Chavez but I have heard the same term on CNN and on the CBC as well as used by Reuters. How come? Chavez is an elected leader in an election monitored by international observers. Even Obama on accasion has called Chavez a dictator. Leaders of the oil sheikhdoms in the Middle East are never called dictators.

In another interesting semantic switch the coup government in Honduras is now the de facto government according to the BBC and also the CBC.

Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html