[lbo-talk] Polanski

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Wed Sep 30 10:56:44 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 09:13:14AM -0400, Wojtek S wrote:

> I also find it peculiar that Mr. Polanski was able to move freely for about
> 35 or so years and nobody gave a flying fuck about his sexual misconduct
> until recently.

Isn't it true that recently - very recently (end of 2008) Polanski had lawyers trying to have the original case dimissed alleging prosecutorial misconduct?

Wouldn't the most simple explanation be that the DA was content to leave well-enough alone (in light of the victim's oft-repeated desire) - up until Polanksi started making a stink bout how the office may have misbehaved?

The arrest may simply have been a case of "you want your day in court buddy, fine, fuck you, here it comes."

Or, he is going to end up entering a new plea to a new judge (time served, pay a fine!) and the attorneys had already worked this out in advance and it is all just theater so that he could come back to the USA freely and the DA saves face.

I was going to end by sharing the insights of a 36 year old male regarding drugs, anal, and jailbait rape but I see there were already 90 or so posts by other men, so I'll keep it to myself.

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim: beyondzero123 yahoo msg: beyondzero123

Trillian did a little research in the ship's copy of THHGTTG. It had some advice to offer on drunkenness. "Go to it", it said, "and good luck." It was cross-referenced to the entry concerning the size of the Universe and ways of coping with that.

-THHGTTG