[lbo-talk] Polanski

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 30 15:11:43 PDT 2009

At 02:22 PM 9/30/2009, shrill.polemic at gmail.com wrote:

>>John Thornton writes:
>
>>"Not exactly. The DA made him a sweetheart deal (maybe because he was
>>rich and famous?) but that deal was still contingent on the judge signing
>>off on it. The judge looked at the facts in the case and decided not to
>>do that."

Who knows? Dead men tell no tales and the judge is in the ground. How this thing was adjudicated is a separate topic and I don't think it's any more interesting than talking about the O.J. trial or Monday Night Football.

What struck me about this latest Polanski tale is the fawning and hedging fresponses rom what Doug aptly calls the cultural elite. It's a curious sight the way they're circling the wagons and downplaying what got their pal into this frying pan in the first place.