[lbo-talk] Fwd: Re: Platypus: what we are, what we do, and why

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 05:01:42 PDT 2010

shag carpet bomb wrote:

> 2. they don't think dropping bombs on their heads will free them.
> 3. they think that the leftist feminists in afghanistan should be
> listened to and recognized as people with, as Eric Beck says, a
> politics. that they are fully capable of figuring out what they want
> and how they're going to get it, without us - left feminists -
> stepping in to patronizingly explain to them what they want and what
> they should do and take over to protect them from their men. our job,
> they repeatedly remind us, is to protect them from u.s. imperialism.

Just hypothetically - and I mean that - what if evidence indicated that Afghan women, or some important vector of opinion thereof, welcomed NATO intervention on the basis of some sort of feminist reasoning. Similar (and stranger) things have happened in the world. Would that alter the views of the left feminists you're talking about?

[Please note: I'm interested in how the specific people Shag is talking about might answer this question. I already know how others would answer the question. (Including you, Carrol!)]

SA