[lbo-talk] Oh My God! Will They Kill Matt and Trey!

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 16:20:37 PDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:

This seems to assume as a proven fact that al-Khattab is a secret agent. He
> certainly could be. But he could also be a plain old nut -- an ex
> Lubavitcher who wants Lubavitchers to die.

That's certainly true, but I don't think it would make him any more representative of any kind of Islam, or the commentary identifying his group simply as "Muslim," "radical Muslim," etc., any less irresponsible and misinformative.

Apparently their offline activities consist mainly of lurking outside the Islamic Cultural Center, the big mainstream mosque on the Upper East Side, and annoying the hell out of everyone therein. Curiouser and curiouser.