[lbo-talk] say no to college

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:23:18 PDT 2010

Alan Rudy wrote:

> Sociologists have been arguing for decades that college

> is primarily - though not absolutely - about certification

> and networking, not about learning, science or citizenship.

I've been doing land surveying for 33 years now. You can't get licensed as a land surveyor in Florida without a four-year degree. No one employed as a land surveying technician can afford to get a four-year college degree, ever. In this recession, all this is working out especially badly for me right now.

yrs wdk