[lbo-talk] Garden of earthly delights

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Thu Dec 23 22:03:08 PST 2010

On Dec 23, 2010, at 7:59 PM, Alan Rudy wrote:

> I aced Cub Scouts, flew through Webloes (or whatever it was called), and
> thought the Boy Scouts were irresponsible, really jerky, new scout and
> nature abusers, so I quit after the first canoeing trip...

Once you've got that irresponsible jerky abuse nailed, who needs 'em. <g>

But I didn't get the connection when I first saw that link. that cover was surely the work of a professional artist, not a kid or kids. And I wasn't even sure that the sun was rising in the east, cause the sun was in the kid's dream. Could've been sunset in his dream - those seemed like end of day activities, rather than early morning activities. The only thing that I could conclude from that cover was that Harrison Cady had a well developed picture of 'life' - which was probably appropriate to his age and experience. (Didn't you think that sun evoked imperial japan?)

martin