[lbo-talk] uh-oh! too much regulation!!

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Feb 3 18:03:48 PST 2010

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:07:54 -0800 Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> At 01:36 PM 2/3/2010, James Heartfield wrote:
>
> >Left wingers' fear and contempt for suburbanites, for the white
> >working classes, the chavs, 'mouth-breathers', i
>
> You're projecting and imputing wildly here.

JH might have been painting with a slightly too-broad brush, but he's got a point. I'm hearing a good deal of loathing and contempt of hoi polloi (I should say twn pollwn, I guess) on this list and especially in this thread.

It always puzzles me to hear this from Lefties, because after all, in whom can we repose any hope *except* the Great Unwashed? Yet it's extremely common. Along with the notion that American Unwashed in general are crazier than Euro Unwashed.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com