[lbo-talk] The zen of marx (was clarification)

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:25:42 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Lakshmi Rhone <lakshmirhone at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2/16/10, Alan Rudy <alan.rudy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I take it you've noted that no one here has called you names,
>
> Oh why don't you ask Nelson Goodman whether he got my clever pun of
> referring to his post as GRUE-some.
> But I am interested in the psychological type that claims the spirt of
> Marx but spits
> out appeals to authority (LISTEN TO DAVID HARVEY FOR THIRTY HOURS
> NOW), does not understand what Marx says (treating rent as something
> added on to price, which is the basic error that Marx's analysis was
> meant to expose), and provides one muddled idea after another.
> This kind of Marxism requires psychological analysis, don't you think?
> LR

Since you are obviously more clever than dull little me, as you've clearly misconstrued most all of my honest attempts to answer your questions, given that you've decided to reject my well-intentioned efforts to point you in useful directions (too time consuming, too much work), since you've ignored Carroll and my notes suggesting greater civility and you have chosen to call a number of us names, decided to impugn my character and doubted my mental stability, I wish you luck in your efforts but will withdraw. End.