[lbo-talk] NYT: Party Gridlock in Washington Feeds Fear of a DebtCrisis

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 18 18:42:41 PST 2010

On 2010-02-18, at 9:13 PM, Chris Doss wrote:

> In this conversation, the term "fascist" is being used in an extremely vague sense, a sense that no Fascist in the 1920s and 30s would have recognized. "Fascist" does not mean "member of right-wing movement," and I seriously doubt that most members of Mussolini's party would have recognized the tea-baggers as confreres. Have you guys ever read any actual Fascist writings -- Gentille, Mussolini, Junger?
========================== I read some Gentile, spelled with one L, way back when.

I'm sure Gramsci read them all in the original Italian, and would contest your view that fascism, including it's Italian incarnation, wasn't a right-wing movement formed to battle Communists and other leftists in the streets in the aftermath of the Russian Revolution.

Anyway, I'll let others indulge your eccentric views on fascism.