[lbo-talk] ciao, 60

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Jan 21 08:50:37 PST 2010

What surprises me about this, is that anyone here is surprised. The DP has been pulling this shtick, year after year, decade after decade. And yet most progressives seem to fall for the same old tricks.

The real question here is not what is wrong with the DP (both Doug Henwood and Carrol Cox have explained that numerous times here anyway) but what is wrong with American progressives, who seem incapable of learning from experience.

Jim F.

---------- Original Message ---------- From: Max Sawicky <sawicky at verizon.net> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] ciao, 60 Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:34:09 -0500

The explanation lacking in this thread is the evident failure of the DP's survival instinct. Whatever you say about them, they have to want to stay in power. The have failed to do a lot to that end that was arguably doable, well short of provoking mass popular uprisings.