[lbo-talk] value theory vs. value-form theory

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 12:33:21 PDT 2010

...and one more quick note. John Gulick wrote:

> I do kind of miss the days, however, when we had conversations on
> this list about current events that were loosely grounded in value
> theory. And I suppose it's good that there is at least a scattering > of young'uns who want to pick up that baton.

I have absolutely no interest in "value theory" in the sense of economists like Andrew Kliman or people who spend time trying to solve the "transformation problem" or refuting Sraffa or Okishio or whatever. That's just Marxist economics.

I am interested in value-form theory, thinkers in England/U.S. like Postone, Chris Arthur, Robert Albritton, John Holloway or in Germany Hans-Georg Backhaus, Helmut Reichelt, Michael Heinrich, etc. This is really about clarifying Marx as a critical theorist of capitalism, not as a guy you use to calculate prices, etc.