[lbo-talk] U.S. in Israel's corner

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 07:54:03 PDT 2010

Carrol writes;

" This will conntinue as Israel continues to take one 'small' step after another which have the longrange goal of expelling all Palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza. Given the weakness of leftists in both Europe and the U.S., there is no serious domestic resistance either in Europe or the US to this policy of nominal condemnation and real approval of this process of ethnic cleansing. "

Carrol, I mostly agree with you. Israel is in the middle east as imperal middleman and, it's not like the great powers ever gave a good goddamn about where brown people live. I mean should we care whether the cockroaches are under the refrigerator (Palestine) or under the stove (Jordan)?

But you're leaving out the possibility of revolution in the Middle East. Of course, the Israelis have already said that this would justify nuclear action.

j.