[lbo-talk] liberals thinking constructively (cont.)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 2 09:11:29 PDT 2010

[from Romenesko]

PBS ombud says Smiley 'went off course' with remarks about Christian killers PBS.org

On his May 25th show, Tavis Smiley told his guest that Christians regularly blow people up. "Oh, Christians, every day, people walk into post offices, they walk into schools, that's what Columbine is -- I could do this all day long. There are so many more examples of Christians -- and I happen to be a Christian." Ombud Michael Getler writes: "While there are no doubt people who kill in the name of different religions, I don't think he made his case, or even came close."