[lbo-talk] FYI & Comment if you Wish

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 18:16:58 PST 2010

I know nothing about the history of the IRA, but I have never met an Irish person (I mean actual Irish people, not the descendents of people who left in 1850 and fantasize about Glorious Ireland) who thinks that the IRA have been anything more than a glorified Mafia within recent memory.

----- Original Message ---- From: Marv Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca>

The decisions of the ANC, Al Fatah, and the IRA to dissolve their military wings and negotiate with their respective enemies are the most prominent recent examples of liberation struggles which fell well short of achieving their programmatic goals.