[lbo-talk] Manufacturing Discontent

michael perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Mar 16 20:04:49 PDT 2010

I was asked to write something up about my book, Manufacturing Discontent. I thought that I would share it with you. Any comments would be be appreciated. I was asked to wrtie something up about my book, Manufacturing Discontent. I thought that I would share it with you. Any comments would be be appreciated.

Of all my books, Manufacturing Discontent may seem to have the least links with Marxism. After I published The Invention of Capitalism: Classical Political Economy and the Secret History of Primitive Accumulation, some people argued that the subject was purely historical and had no contemporary relevance. Of course, the seizure of property continues throughout the world, even in the United States, where government can take property through the law of eminent domain and then turn it over to private interests. Read the entire commentary at:

http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/manufacturing-discontent/ -- Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University Chico, CA 95929

530 898 5321 fax 530 898 5901 http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com