[lbo-talk] the Kultur Krisis

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Mar 17 18:59:23 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 20:44 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Chuck Grimes wrote:
> >
> > These are unprecedented events.

Not mt words Carrol. They come from the article that started my post. Nonetheless, they are unprecedented events in my life time. My only proviso is to look to eras before I was born and I see correspondences, mainly from the 1920s and very early 1930s. I never thought twice about the 20s boom and the 30s bust until now.

You say, ``NOTHING that happens is unprecedented. I repeat.'' Okay. when was the last time you watched the government write a blank check worth billions, no strings attached, to a very short list of financial corporations? When was the last time the USG owned some controlling share of GM? When was the last time you remember some 700 banks were on the list for possible failure?

Well never mind. All of the above has nothing to do with what I posted.

CG